Lawnmower Blenny in QT question

Lucidbeam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first attempt at QT.
The Lawnmower Blenny has spent 14 days in 2.0 Copper QT tank. I moved the blenny to a second tank to finish up QT. He has been eating good and seems to be acting like a blenny. Also in the QT process with him is a Tomi Tang. The Tang looks and is eating good. Today I noticed white spots on him. In the copper tank I had the light as a blue vs white. Something I will change next QT group. I'm not sure if the spots were always there or if they are new. Do I need to put him and the tang back into the Copper QT tank? Looks for some advice. Thanks.

1596808336285.png

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is hard because lawmower blennies, while not as bad as starry blennies, can still have natural spotting. To me, those spots look like natural camouflage (see how they all seem to have a "pattern" and aren't random like ich would be?) instead of ich. But if you're worried about introducing it into the tank like I am, you could try TTM'ing the fish, just to be safe!

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that those spots are not ich and are just part of the blenny’s coloration. No need to retreat him with copper.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back